Subcontractor Billing Information
Choate Construction Company accepts electronic applications for payment from vendors with subcontracts and purchases orders. In order to submit billings electronically the company must sign up for electronic billing and have a current contract in our system. If your company does not have a contract and are billing on an invoice, please submit your invoice to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application for payment information is calculated directly from our financial system. Therefore, there may be a delay between when:
- Information is received.
- It is reviewed and processed.
- It appears on the electronic form.
Step One: Sign up for Electronic Billing & Signature
Who needs to sign up?
Each company is only required to sign up for electronic billing once. However, anyone who completes or signs billings (including witnesses) for the organization will need to sign up for an electronic signature login. Companies may have multiple logins for different employees within their organization.
How do I sign up?
Be sure to have your company’s tax ID # available and complete the Payment Application System Access Request form. Keep the user name and password selected in a safe place for future billings. If you forget your username or password, here are the instructions to update your password.
Click here to download step-by-step instructions or watch the video below!
Step Two: Submit Application for Payment
Have the user name and password previously created available.
- If the contract or change order information does not autofill correctly on the application for payment, please contact the project administrator for assistance. Billing over the contract amount shown on the application for payment is not permitted.
- If required, attach Schedule of Values, lien waivers, and other backup with the application for payment by using the “Attachments” button on Exhibit “D”, page two of the pay application form for Carolina Offices or page three for the Georgia offices.
- If Exhibit “D” has compliance items that have not been completed or insurance that has expired; submit the information as soon as possible or contact the project administrator for assistance.
- Lien Waivers: Exhibit “E” or Exhibit “F” Subcontractor waiver should be submitted with each application. When required, submit Exhibit “E” or Exhibit “F” for your Suppliers or Vendors listed on Exhibit “D” of the application for payment.
- If lien waivers for Suppliers or Vendors listed on Exhibit “D” are not attached, the application will be placed on payment hold. We will place a hold on the application until all Supplier and Vendor waivers are received. Submit Lien Waivers for Suppliers and Vendors directly to the project admin if application has been submitted. Include the subcontract # and pay application # the lien waiver is associated with when submitting separately.
- Line 6, “Total Previously Certified” of the application for payment will autofill, but is editable in the event that a previous pay application has not yet been processed in our financial system.
- Prior Payments amount will autofill, but is editable.