When we first met, I explained that I was interested in a construction company that would provide quality, professionalism, a fair price, and most importantly, a business marriage where both companies worked together to accomplish the project within the budget and on schedule. Your company’s efforts in all of these facets were exceptional.
With an unyielding reputation for quality, integrity, and value, at Choate Construction we work in a manner consistent with our company purpose and guiding principles. Regardless of delivery method or market, Choate’s approach to construction services remains consistent: meet expectations of quality and safety, establish clear lines of communication, stay on schedule, and control costs.
Our industry-leading processes and project management approach has allowed us to earn recognition among the highest regarded commercial general contractors in the industry. Our consistent ranking in Engineering News Record’s annual listing of the Top 400 General Contractors (#116) stands as testament to the talent and commitment of our team to every client and every project.
Relying on the experience and knowledge attained from over two decades of construction services and general contracting service, we understand the diversified delivery methods and needs of every client. Such methods range from hard bid where Choate has no involvement during the design phase, to an integrated Design-Build approach where Choate plays an active role beginning early in the design process.
Regardless of the approach, each project receives an unsurpassed commitment to quality from inception to completion due to our unique, proprietary Project Control System. Each employee is indoctrinated in the system whereby checks and balances are implemented to ensure flawless execution and delivery of construction services. Preconstruction managers proactively suggest practical and cost-saving alternatives to both the owner and architect. This knowledge and ability, coupled with computer analysis systems, allows for such adjustments early in the design process – avoiding significant alteration of design documents and potential costly delays in schedule.
Example of Construction Services
- Coordinating with local, state, and national governmental agencies to ensure workmanship compliance with building codes and permitting.
- Plan review at various stages of completion for value improvement, constructability, and cost savings.
- Establishment and monitoring of RFI log and submittal log.
- Review and compiling completion documents such as as-builts, warranties, O&M Manuals, etc.
- Evaluation, budgeting, and scheduling of initial project scope of work.
- Participation in the creation of ongoing budgets and development of unit prices and allowances.
- Establishment of procedures for coordination among trade contractors with respect to all aspects of project implementation.
- Scheduling and coordinating progress meetings with key trade contractors, jointly discussing and resolving important project issues.
- Onsite inspections for conformance to schedule, design, quality, and safety.
- Review of change order requests, if necessary, for validity and pricing.
- Review of payment requests from subcontractors and consultants.
- Leading and monitoring the work of trade contractors to complete the project in accordance with the quality, cost, safety. and time objectives.
- Providing regular monitoring and updating of the schedule as construction progresses.
- Providing summary reports — monitoring and documenting all changes in schedule.
- Evaluating the adequacy of and making adjustments to the trade contractor’s personnel, equipment, and the availability of materials and supplies to meet the schedule.